SEMBA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization created to enhance, preserve, and promote existing mountain biking trails – while creating new opportunities, access, and experiences for all mountain bikers in the Eastern Sierra.
Our region spans along the Highway 395 corridor from Lone Pine in the south, to Bridgeport in the north. Our members are diverse and encompass every aspect of mountain biking and off-road cycling. We share one common thread – passion for riding bikes, and sharing the stoke with friends old and new.
Want to hit some dirt during the winter – Check out the Trails in Bishop! BirRoadTrails-05
Year-round, throughout our region, we host:
- Trail days – maintain the old, build the new – SEMBA is working in partnership with the Town of Mammoth Lakes Trail Coordinator Joel Rathje, to maintain old and new trails in addition to Mammoth Mountains network.
- June 29th “Lower Rock Creek Stewardship Day” (Info to follow)
- New E Bike Information – what you need to know if riding an E-Bike in Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth XC VC’s Weekly Summer Series: Presented by SEMBA & Free! 4:45pm Registration, Grom race begins at 5:10pm & Adult/Jr Race Start at 5:30pm
- VC #1- Thursday June 20th at the Meadow Connector Trails – Propane Tanks The VC Courses are below on Strava: https://www.strava.com/segments/20801517 and https://www.strava.com/segments/20801799 – Please park on the paved section by the propane tanks
- VC #2- Thursday July 11th at the Meadow Connector Trails – Propane Tanks
- VC #3- Thursday July 25th at he Meadow Connector Trails – Propane Tanks
- VC# 4- Thursday August 8th at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area (TBD Course)
- VC# 5- Thursday August 22nd at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area (TBD Course)
- SEMBA Hats are in and will be able at the VC Races for Sale $20 each *Pink hats are on their way…
- Pedal and Pint Social Rides
- Thursday June 27th at 5:30pm – Meeting at The Public House
- Thursday July 18th at 5:30pm – TBD
- Thursday Aug 15th at 5:30pm – TBD
- Group rides -“fun-based” riding opportunities – all skill levels welcomed and encouraged, including women-only rides, bring-a-grom rides, overnight bikepacking outings, etc. This summer alternating Thursday night rides leaving from local Breweries in town with social afterwards.
- Social events – movie nights, “fun-raisers”, bike clinics, etc. Hang out, drink beer, talk bikes.
- Member meetings – working at the regional and local levels via committees to work with land managers to create, improve, and implement mountain biking plans, etc. Be part of the solution.
- Group trips – travel to mountain biking meccas all over the country. We carpool and cost-share to make super memorable mountain bike vacations with friends.
- Race Team – if going fast is your bag, we put on a variety of grassroots races and our team attends regional races. Push yourself with friendly competition.
- Winter Fat Biking – As of Winter 2017/2018, fat biking is legal on all public groomed snowmobile and non-motorized, multi-use trails except for the Lakes Basin Access Corridor. This gives us access for up to 80+ miles of pristine, groomed trails when there is enough snow. This includes the complete “Orange Diamond” snowmobile system, trails in Shady Rest Park, Inyo Craters, Obsidian Dome, and much more. It is our responsibility to foster a camaraderie and respect between all user groups. Etiquette, bike requirements, and trail info can be found at the Mammoth Lakes Trail System. Get up to date grooming reports The Mammoth Web to learn more about this fantastic activity!!
Sound like something you wanna get behind? Click here to Join SEMBA.