SEMBA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization created to enhance, preserve, and promote existing mountain biking trails – while creating new opportunities, access, and experiences for all mountain bikers in the Eastern Sierra.
Our region spans along the Highway 395 corridor from Lone Pine in the south, to Bridgeport in the north. Our members are diverse and encompass every aspect of mountain biking and off-road cycling. We share one common thread – passion for riding bikes, and sharing the stoke with friends old and new.
Want to hit some dirt during the winter – Check out the Trails in Bishop! BirRoadTrails-05
Year-round, throughout our region, we host:
- SEMBA Mammoth Point to Point 50k MTB – Click here to register
- Due to USFS permit restrictions, this event is capped at 75 riders. Only the first 75 riders to register will be allowed to participate.
- Date: August 31, 2019
- Start Time: 8am – Rider Briefing 7:45am
- Start Location: The Village at Mammoth: 100 Canyon Blvd, Mammoth Lakes, Ca 93546
- Bib/Packet Pick-Up Will Be Available on Friday, August 30th from 3-7pm at 132 Silvertip Lane, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546 or Saturday, August 31st from 7-7:30am at The Village at Mammoth on the Canyon Blvd. side.
- All participants must pick-up their own bibs and sign a waiver. Participants under 18 must have a parent present to sign their waiver. A valid Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Pedal Pass or Bike Park Pass is required. If you do not already have a pass, these will be provided to you by Mammoth Mountain Ski Area complimentary at bib pick-up. Please display your pedal/bike park pass and race plate at all times.
- The event will begin at The Village at Mammoth on the Canyon Blvd side at 8:00am. There will be a rider briefing at 7:45am.
- There will be one aid station at approximately Mile 13 with Clif Bar Products, Water, and a Bag Drop provided by VR7 Cycling Apparel.
- The route is 31.2 Miles and 3,371ft of climbing. Link to route is here: https://www.strava.com/routes/20995264 *New updated Strava Route – Please note, route subject to change.
- This is a primarily self-guided course with minimal markings. Cue sheets will be provided at bib pick-up and also we suggest downloading the route to your GPS unit if you have one.
- The event will finish at Mammoth Creek Park.
- Awards will be in The Village at Mammoth at 3:30pm on the stage. Prizes will be awarded to:Men 1-2-3, Men 50+ 1-2-3, Women 1-2-3, Women 50+ 1-2-3, Junior Male 20 & Under 1-2-3, and Junior Female 20 & Under 1-2-3.
- Have questions about this event? Contact the organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trail days – maintain the old, build the new – SEMBA is working in partnership with the Town of Mammoth Lakes Trail Coordinator Joel Rathje, to maintain old and new trails in addition to Mammoth Mountains network.
- June 29th “Lower Rock Creek Stewardship Day” (Info to follow)
- New E Bike Information – what you need to know if riding an E-Bike in Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth XC VC’s Weekly Summer Series: Presented by SEMBA & Free! 4:45pm Registration, Grom race begins at 5:10pm & Adult/Jr Race Start at 5:30pm
- VC #1- Thursday June 20th at the Meadow Connector Trails – Propane Tanks The VC Courses are below on Strava: https://www.strava.com/segments/20801517 and https://www.strava.com/segments/20801799 – Please park on the paved section by the propane tanks
- VC #2- Thursday July 11th at the Meadow Connector Trails – Propane Tanks
- VC #3- Thursday July 25th at the Meadow Connector Trails – Cancelled as of 4pm due to weather
- VC# 4- Thursday August 8th at Chair 2 Parking Lot (NICA Course)
- VC# 5- Thursday August 22nd at Chair 2 Parking Lot (NICA Course)
- SEMBA Hats are in and will be able at the VC Races for Sale $20 each *Pink hats are on their way…
- Pedal and Pint Social Rides
- Thursday June 27th at 5:30pm – Meeting at The Public House
- Thursday July 18th at 5:30pm – Mammoth Brewery
- Group rides -“fun-based” riding opportunities – all skill levels welcomed and encouraged, including women-only rides, bring-a-grom rides, overnight bikepacking outings, etc. This summer alternating Thursday night rides leaving from local Breweries in town with social afterwards.
- Social events – movie nights, “fun-raisers”, bike clinics, etc. Hang out, drink beer, talk bikes.
- Member meetings – working at the regional and local levels via committees to work with land managers to create, improve, and implement mountain biking plans, etc. Be part of the solution.
- Group trips – travel to mountain biking meccas all over the country. We carpool and cost-share to make super memorable mountain bike vacations with friends.
- Race Team – if going fast is your bag, we put on a variety of grassroots races and our team attends regional races. Push yourself with friendly competition.
- Winter Fat Biking – As of Winter 2017/2018, fat biking is legal on all public groomed snowmobile and non-motorized, multi-use trails except for the Lakes Basin Access Corridor. This gives us access for up to 80+ miles of pristine, groomed trails when there is enough snow. This includes the complete “Orange Diamond” snowmobile system, trails in Shady Rest Park, Inyo Craters, Obsidian Dome, and much more. It is our responsibility to foster a camaraderie and respect between all user groups. Etiquette, bike requirements, and trail info can be found at the Mammoth Lakes Trail System. Get up to date grooming reports The Mammoth Web to learn more about this fantastic activity!!
Sound like something you wanna get behind? Click here to Join SEMBA.