SEMBA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization created to enhance, preserve, and promote existing mountain biking trails – while creating new opportunities, access, and experiences for all mountain bikers in the Eastern Sierra.
Our region spans along the Highway 395 corridor from Lone Pine in the south, to Bridgeport in the north. Our members are diverse and encompass every aspect of mountain biking and off-road cycling. We share one common thread – passion for riding bikes, and sharing the stoke with friends old and new.
Want to hit some dirt during the winter – Check out the Trails in Bishop! BirRoadTrails-05
Year-round, throughout our region, we host:
- Trail days – maintain the old, build the new – SEMBA is working in partnership with the Town of Mammoth Lakes Trail Coordinator Joel Rathje, to maintain old and new trails in addition to Mammoth Mountains network.
- Next Trail Days: TBD
- New E Bike Information – what you need to know if riding an E-Bike in Mammoth Lakes
- Sign up to Volunteer at the Summer VC Cross Country Race Series: Presented by SEMBA & Free! 5:30pm registration 6:00pm Race Start
- VC #1- Thursday June 6th at the Meadow Connector Trails (Propane Tanks) permit pending
- VC #2- Thursday June 20th at the Meadow Connector Trails (Propane Tanks) permit pending
- VC #3- Thursday July 11th at Shady Rest Park (course TBD) permit pending
- VC #4- Thursday July 25th at The Mill on Mammoth Mountain (NICA course)
- VC# 5- Thursday August 8th at The Mill on Mammoth Mountain (NICA course)
- VC# 6- Thursday August 22nd at The Mill on Mammoth Mountain (NICA Course)
- Group rides -“fun-based” riding opportunities – all skill levels welcomed and encouraged, including women-only rides, bring-a-grom rides, overnight bikepacking outings, etc. This summer alternating Thursday night rides leaving from local Breweries in town with social afterwards.
- Social events – movie nights, “fun-raisers”, bike clinics, etc. Hang out, drink beer, talk bikes.
- Member meetings – working at the regional and local levels via committees to work with land managers to create, improve, and implement mountain biking plans, etc. Be part of the solution.
- Group trips – travel to mountain biking meccas all over the country. We carpool and cost-share to make super memorable mountain bike vacations with friends.
- Race Team – if going fast is your bag, we put on a variety of grassroots races and our team attends regional races. Push yourself with friendly competition.
- Winter Fat Biking – As of Winter 2017/2018, fat biking is legal on all public groomed snowmobile and non-motorized, multi-use trails except for the Lakes Basin Access Corridor. This gives us access for up to 80+ miles of pristine, groomed trails when there is enough snow. This includes the complete “Orange Diamond” snowmobile system, trails in Shady Rest Park, Inyo Craters, Obsidian Dome, and much more. It is our responsibility to foster a camaraderie and respect between all user groups. Etiquette, bike requirements, and trail info can be found at the Mammoth Lakes Trail System. Get up to date grooming reports The Mammoth Web to learn more about this fantastic activity!!
Sound like something you wanna get behind? Click here to Join SEMBA.